Kidney is in bean-shaped structure with a convex and a concave border. hey are located on the left and right in the retro peritoneal space.Kidneys are the organs that filter waste products from the blood. Symptoms of kidney failure are due to the build-up of waste products and excess fluid in the body. The kidneys are essential for balancing the body’s internal environment. They help regulate fluid levels and blood pressure.
Kidney Health Tips
• Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.
• Stay away from sugars, sodas and artificial sweeteners, processed salty foods and the bad trans fats.
• Do more of physical activity that increases your heart rate like walking,cycling, swimming or aerobics.
• Have your blood pressure checked regularly. If you blood pressure levels are higher than they should be your kidney might be at risk..
• Do more of things that relax you and reduces your stress levels.
• Gluten intolerant people can suffer from gluten induced kidney damage. Mal absorption is a common cause of diseases for those with to gluten.
• Always drink a good amount of water not more than the six to eight glasses.
• Kidney problems arise out of other medical conditions like high blood pressure and diabetes. Follow healthy, moderate eating habits to control weight and blood pressure.
• Preventing diabetes and high blood pressure will help keep kidneys in good condition.
• Getting exercise is a good habit because like healthy eating habits, regular physical activity can keep weight gain and high blood pressure at bay.
• Excessive amount of certain vitamin supplements are harmful to kidneys. Consult your doctor about any vitamins before taking.
• Smoking does damage to the blood vessels which decreases the flow of blood in the kidneys. When the kidneys don’t have adequate blood flow they cannot function at optimal levels. Also limit your alcohol consumption.
• If you are suffering from diabetes or high blood pressure take regular checkup for kidney health from your physician for routine care.
• To keep your kidneys safe take care of your body to reduce your chances of developing diseases that put a strain on the kidneys.
• Eat healthily exercise regularly and control your weight.