YIELD: 6 SUBMITTINGS
PREP TIME:15 MINS
COOK TIME:TEN MINS
TOTAL TIME:20 MINS
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD:
• three-quarters cup raw pecans
• half red onion
• ten ounces fresh baby spinach — I also love a 50/50 arugula and spinach blend
• one quart strawberries — hulled and quartered (approximately one pound)
• three-quarters cup crumbled feta cheese — buy the block-style feta, not pre-crumbled; the texture is much better
FOR THE POPPY SEED DRESSING:
• One-quarter cup balsamic vinegar
• 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• one half tbsp poppy seeds
• one half tbsp honey
• half tsp Dijon mustard
• half tsp kosher salt
• 1/8 tsp black pepper
1. Toast the pecans: Prewarmth the oven to 350 degrees F. unfold the pecans in a single stratum on some ungreased baking sheet. Prepare in oven for 8 to ten mins, bi till the pecans smell fragrant and the middle of a pecan is tan just as the pecan is broken in half. (Dont walk away from the oven within the last several mins of cooking. This is just as nuts love to burn.) Place to a cutting board and roughly chop.
2. Place the sliced onions in a bowl and overlay with cold water. allow sit whereas you prepare the rest of the salad (this keeps their flavor however take aways the harsh onion bite).
3. Prepare the dressing: In small mixing bowl either big liquid measuring cup, blend along all of the dressing ingredients—vinegar, oil, poppy seeds, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper—until well mixd. (As alternative, you’ll shake the ingredients along in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid).
4. Assemble the salad: Place the spinach in a great big submitting bowl. place the strawberries. Drain the red onion and place this as well. Drizzle approximately half of the dressing over the salad and blend to coat the leaves. Assess the amount of dressing. You want the spinach leaves to be goodly moistened however not swimming in dressing. place a little more supposing needed to suit your preferences. place the feta and pecans. Blend slightly to mix. submit immediately, with extra dressing on the side as desired.
• Dress the salad as shortly before submitting as you’ll. Supposing you don’t plan to eat this all right away, dress only what you plan to eat right away, then keep the leftover, undressed salad within the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Refrigerate leftover dressing in some airtight container (a jar is perfect) for up to 5 days, then shake before submitting.