YIELD: 4 SUBMITTINGS
COOK TIME:5 MINS
FOR THE COBB SALAD:
• one small butternut squash — approximately one half pounds, peeled, seeded, and slice in three-quarters-inch dice
• one tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• half tsp kosher salt
• One-quarter tsp black pepper
• 4 slices thick-slice bacon
• 4 big eggs
• two whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 8 cups mixed greens — such as Romaine, spinach, arugula, either baby kale (approximately 20 ounces)
• one sweet crisp apple — such as gala either honeycrisp, cored thinly sliced (no must to peel)
• two ripe avocados — sliced
• half cup dried cranberries
• half cup crumbled goat cheese — approximately two ounces
• one-third cup toasted pepitas — pumpkin seeds
FOR THE DRESSING:
• One-quarter cup extra virgin olive oil
• two tbsp apple cider vinegar
• two tbsp pure maple syrup
• one tsp Dijon mustard
• one clove garlic — minced
• One-quarter tsp kosher salt
• One-quarter tsp black pepper
1. Cook the squash: Place over racks within the upper and lower thirds of your oven. Prewarmth the oven to 400 degrees F. unfold squash cubes in a single stratum on a baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Blend to coat. Prepare in oven the squash bi till tender and caramelized, 15-20 mins, turning as throughout. put aside.
2. Bake the bacon: Place some ovenproof baking rack on a second baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray, then lay the bacon slices on the rack in a single stratum . Place on the second rack within the oven with the squash. Prepare in oven bi till the bacon is as crisp as you like, approximately 12-20 mins depending on the thickness of your bacon. Place to a paper towel-lined plate and pat dry. Dice and put aside.
3. Hard boil the eggs: In a small pot, bring simply enough water to overlay the eggs to a gentle boil. Decrease the warmth to a simmer and carefully lower the eggs in with a slotted spoon. Bring water to a low, rumbling boil, then allow prepare for 9 mins. A several mins before the eggs are finished cooking, prepare some ice bath. Take away the eggs from the boiling water and plunge in the cold water. allow rest a several mins, then tap the eggs with back of a spoon to crack them (this can prepare peeling easier). Comeback to the ice water to cool completely. Peel the eggs, then slice in slices. put aside.
4. Cook the chicken: Warmth a grill pan either some outdoor grill over average heat. slightly pound the chicken to some even thickness and strew with kosher salt and pepper. Grill for approximately 4 mins per side, bi till prepared through and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Take away to plate, cover, and allow stand for 5-ten mins. Slice in bite-sized pieces and put aside.
5. Make the dressing: In a small bowl either big measuring cup, blend along the dressing ingredients: olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon, garlic, salt, and pepper.
6. Place the salad greens in a big bowl. place the butternut squash, bacon, chicken, eggs, and apple. Drizzle with the dressing, blend carefully to coat. Scatter the avocado, cranberries, goat cheese, and pepitas over the top. Enjoy!