The secret of healthy and strong tooth is daily care. Tooth care routine should be a every day schedule. Good oral hygiene is very important to overall health and lifestyle.
Taking care of tooth is not a one day task, it has to continue just like we maintain hygiene in other aspects.
Below are some tips that help to maintain tooth health
• Floss at least once a day with dental floss wrapping each end around your fingers and gently lowering it in between your teeth.
• Rinse your mouth with mouthwash containing fluoride after you brush and floss your teeth.
• Use a little toothpaste and brush in circular motions to clean your tongue everyday.
• You should avoid consuming an excessive amount of chocolates, soft drinks, cookies or other food and drinks that can lead to tooth decay because of their high sugar content. ‘
• Fluoride is a mineral that has been proven to protect teeth from tooth decay and prevent cavities in both children and adults. Choosing to drink tap water instead of bottled water is a good way to know that you are gettinf the right amount of fluoride.
• Learn the correct brushing techniques. When you brush,make sure you cleam the gum line and brush the gumline and then all the surfaces of your teeth, including the outer, inner and chewing surfaces.
• Make sure to brush teeth at least twice a day.
• Teeth whitening is a dental treatment that can make your teeth appear whiter. To prevent cavities and gum disease, take good care of their teeth in between dental visits.
• Tooth sensitivity is caused by the exposure of the inner part of your tooth dentine which is usually covered by the tooth enamel and gums
• Consuming a balanced and nutritional diet is an essential for caring for your teeth.
• Foods that is rich in calcium and protein such as dairy products and meats play an important role in protecting and rebuilding your tooth enamel.
• Right tooth care tips prevent cavities and maintain bright smiles, and develops excellent oral care habits that can benefit over a lifetime.
• Maintain a good home care routine and schedule regular dental checkups and professional cleanings.