The general attitude of expecting the best in all things is Optimism.
Optimists have a positive outlook on life, they always believe that things will work out in the end.An all time example of optimism we read everywhere is the question.
Given a glass that has been filled half way, is it half filled? Or Half empty?
Research says that facial expressions and moods are contagious.Optimism is looking at a more favourable side of events and simply anticipating the best possible outcome in any situation. Smile helps your brain to think positively. An optimist looks at the problem and tries to find the outside reasonsA pessimist always makes the problem internal global and permanent.When you have a problem try to look at it in different anglesDo what matters most to you; do what makes you feel alive and happy. Don’t let the expectations and ideas of others limit who you are.
The power of optimism is very strong and can be valued like a life changing virtue for success and personal growth. Research shows that optimism results in higher achievement . Even in the darkest times, people who have found themselves negative, depressed, or in despair chose instead to focus on the positive things in their lives that made them feel happy and inspired. Optimism and pessimism are mere matters of optics, of how you look at things, and that can change from day to day, or with a new prescription from your glasses.
Benefits of Optimism:
- Good Health and self motivation.
- Lack of fear and high confidence level.
- Great Self Esteem.
- Feeling of everything will go well.
- People like to mingle with you.
- Creates a positive anticipation of the future.
- Increases level of productivity.
- Gives a happy reason to live
- Reduces stress level
- Enables to keep your emotions in check.
- Promotes happiness.
- Increases self respect and integrity
- Creates a sense of fulfilment and satisfaction.
- Helps to develop patience.
- Adds proactive behavior.
- Improves your physiological and psychological health.
- It enables you to take a balanced approach to life by dealing with the constant negative thoughts.
- It increases effective problem solving skills.
- It gives you peace of mind.
- It enables you to generate an alternative, more hopeful explanation for various difficulties experienced.
- It ensures you believe in your dream.
- It creates a positive attitude.
- It increases your tolerance levels because it lowers the risk of you being irritated by little things.
- It allows you to develop the habit of being thankful and also promotes laughter
- It increases your level of motivation.
- It builds successful careers by promoting productivity and doesn’t let you deny yourself.
- It creates positive expectations.
- It sets your mood for the day.
- It promotes positive relationships.
- It promotes self confidence and boosts self esteem and ensures you are focused.
- Reduces frustrations and worries.
- Promotes forgiveness and bonding between individuals.
- Enhances communication skills.
- It increases spiritual development and provides peace of mind.
- Stops you from limiting beliefs which try to keep you from using your abilities.
- Allows self expressive and boosts the same.
- Increases mental feasibility.
- It is a therapy.
- Gives you a good and healthy social life.
Ways to inculcate Optimism
- Having real life goals and expectations.
- Always remember humans make mistakes and are filled with a lot of imperfections.
- Acknowledge past events but always manage the present along with creating bright future.
- Never feel low or hopeless, always remember Good or Bad, Things pass away.
- Be true to yourself and never doubt on your strength.
- Connect with people who possess optimism and build a positive circle.
- Trust yourself and believe that you can achieve your goals and dreams.