Hibiscus is cultivated as ornamental plant with large showy and colourful flowers also known as Rose Mallow. Hibiscus are deciduous shrubs with dark green leaves; the plants can grow to 15 feet tall in frost-free areas. Flowers may be up to 5 to 6 inches diameter, with colours ranging from yellow to peach to red. Hibiscus can be planted singly or grown as a hedge plant; they can also be pruned into a single-stemmed small tree. The flowers are attractive to butterflies and hummingbirds.
Benefits Of Hibiscus
- Hibiscus is rich in Vitamin C and contains minerals such as flavonoids and has laxative properties.
- Hibiscus tea has been used to decrease bodytemperature, treat heart disease, and sooth a sore throat.
- Hibiscus helps in the treatment of high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- By protecting LDL cholesterol from the damaging free radicals, the antioxidants found in hibiscus may support healthy blood pressure and a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Hibiscus helps for hair growth, hair loss and hair regrowth and other hair problems.
- Hibiscus is rich in amino acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and alpha Hydroxyl acids along with other nutrients which are extremely beneficial for hair.
- Hibiscus flower is naturally high in both antioxidants and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), both important in making skin look more youthful.
- It is effective in treating signs of aging on the face, and also lessen the appearance of cellulite and dry scalp.
- Hibiscus acts as a diuretic and a uricosuric substance that increases the amount of uric acid in the urine in patients with urologic disorders. It is used for the treatment and prevention of urinary stones.
- Hibiscus has the highest recorded level of antioxidants.
- Because hibiscus tea encourages healthy blood pressure and healthy cholesterol levels it can also be beneficial for the management of type 2 diabetes.
- A tea made from hibiscus flowers is known by many names around the world and is served both hot and cold. The beverage is known for its red colour, tart flavour, and vitamin C content.
- Hibiscus tea has been known to prevent hypertension, lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar levels, keep your liver healthy, help with menstrual cramps, help with depression, aid digestion and help with weight management.