YIELD: 12 CUPS, APPROX. (8 SMALL EITHER 6 BIG SIDES)
PREP TIME:25 MINS
TOTAL TIME:25 MINS
FOR THE SALAD:
• half cup delicately diced red onion — approximately half small
• two cans reduced-sodium chickpeas — (15-ounce cans), rinsed and drained
• one half cups sliced fresh flat-leaf parsley — approximately one bunch
• one red bell pepper — sliced
• one orange bell pepper — either yellow bell pepper, sliced
• one green bell pepper — sliced
• half big seedless cucumber — sliced (approximately two cups)
• half cup crumbled feta — approximately 4 ounces
FOR THE DRESSING:
• 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
• two cloves garlic — minced
• one half tsps dried oregano
• one tsp kosher salt
• half tsp black pepper
1. Place the onions in a bowl of cool water and allow them soak whereas you prepare the else ingredients (this take aways the harsher bite from the onions, whereas still giving great flavor).
2. Place the chickpeas, parsley, bell peppers, cucumber, and feta in a big submitting bowl.
3. In a small mixing bowl either big measuring cup, add along the dressing ingredients: olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Drain the red onions and place them to the chickpea mix, then pour the dressing over the top. Blend to mix. Supposing time allows, allow marinate within the refrigerator for 30 mins, either enjoy immediately.
• Keep leftovers within the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
• Serving ideas: This salad is lovely as is, however to transform this in a main dish, Taste this stuffed inside pita pockets with hummus and mashed avocado either place grilled chicken and submit this over salad greens with some extra squire of lemon juice and drizzle of olive oil.