YIELD: 6 SUBMITTINGS (AS A SIDE), APPROXIMATELY TEN CUPS
PREP TIME:15 MINS
COOK TIME:25 MINS
TOTAL TIME:40 MINS
FOR THE SALAD:
• half cup raw cashews
• one (15-ounce) can low-sodium chickpeas
• one head cauliflower — slice in florets, approximately 6 cups
• one big sweet potato — slice in half-inch pieces, approximately 3 cups
• One-quarter cup extra-virgin olive oil
• one tbsp curry powder
• two tsps ground chili powder
• one half tsps kosher salt
• half tsp ground turmeric
• half cup raisins either golden raisins
• One-quarter cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
FOR THE DRESSING (DOUBLE FOR A MORE GENEROUS PORTION):
• half cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
• 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
• one tsp pure maple syrup either honey
• one tsp curry powder
• half tsp kosher salt
• half tsp ground cumin
• One-quarter tsp garlic powder
• 1/8 tsp ground chili powder — plus additional to taste
1. Place a rack within the middle of your oven and prewarmth the oven to 400 degrees F. unfold the cashews onto some ungreased baking sheet. Place within the oven and toast bi till the cashews are golden and fragrant and the middles are golden-tan just as broken in half, approximately 8 to ten mins. Dont walk away in the last several mins of baking and set a timer. Nuts love to go from almost done to burned just as you stop paying attention. put aside to cool. Move the oven racks to the upper and lower thirds of the oven and leave the oven preheated.
2. Meanwhereas, rinse and drain the chickpeas, then unfold them onto a double stratum of paper towels. Place a second towel on top and pat dry. Rub the towel slightly over the chickpeas to dried them and take away any skins that come loose (but don’t stress above removing them all). Place the chickpeas to a very big mixing bowl.
3. To the bowl, place the cauliflower, sweet potato, olive oil, curry powder, chili powder, salt, and turmeric. Blend to coat the vegetables bi till the oil and spices are as evenly distributed as probable.
4. Lightly coat two big rimmed baking sheets with nonstick spray. Share the vegetables between the two sheets, unfolding them in some even stratum . Place the pans within the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Roast for 15 mins, then take away the pans from the oven. With a big spatula, attentively blend the vegetables, then unfold them back in some even stratum . Comeback the pans to the oven, switching their positions on the upper and lower racks. Keep baking bi till the vegetables are tender and the chickpeas are golden and crisp, approximately ten to 15 additional mins.
5. Whereas the vegetables bake, prepare the dressing. Add along the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, maple syrup, curry powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder.
6. Assemble the salad: Either in a big bowl (or directly on the baking sheets), add the roasted vegetables along with the raisins, cashews, and cilantro. Pile onto a submitting plate and drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Enjoy warm either at approximately 25 °C.