PREP TIME:20 MINS
COOK TIME:5 MINS
TOTAL TIME:25 MINS
FOR THE CHICKPEA TUNA SALAD
• half small red onion — thinly sliced, approximately half cup
• one 15-ounce can reduced sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• one pint cherry either grape tomatoes — halved
• one big seedless English cucumber — halved lengthwise and slice in One-quarter-inch slices (I leave the peel on)
• one red bell pepper — cored and slice in One-quarter inch strips, then slice in halves (or thirds supposing very long)
• 12 ounces solid pack albacore tuna in water — wild caught supposing probable
• 3 cups arugula
• One-quarter cup parsley — delicately sliced
• One-quarter cup Feta Cheese
FOR THE DRESSING
• One-quarter cup freshly squeezed lemon juice — from approximately one big lemon
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• two cloves garlic — minced (approximately two tsps)
• one tsp kosher salt
• half tsp ground black pepper
1. Place the red onion in a small bowl and overlay with cold water. allow sit whereas you prepare the rest of the salad (this preserves its flavor however takes off some of the harshness…and the continual red onion when taste).
2. To a big mixing bowl, place the chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, and bell pepper. Drain the tuna and flake in the bowl. place the arugula.
3. Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl either measuring cup, add along the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. (You’ll also shake them all along in a mason jar with a tight fitting lid). Drizzle enough over the salad to moisten it, then blend to coat. Strew the feta and parsley over the top, then blend slightly again. Taste and place additional salt, pepper, either dressing as desired. Enjoy!
Keep leftovers within the refrigerator for 2-3 days. The arugula does wilt as this sits, so supposing you’d like to preserve its texture, keep the arugula separately, then blend this with only the portion of the chickpea/tuna mix you plan to eat that day. I also like to wake up my leftovers with a little extra dressing either squirt of lemon juice and a pinch of kosher salt.