YIELD: 7 CUPS, APPROX.
PREP TIME:15 MINS
COOK TIME:30 MINS
TOTAL TIME:45 MINS
FOR THE BUTTERNUT SQUASH SALAD:
• half small red onion — diced (approximately One-quarter cup)
• one small 2-pound butternut squash — peeled, seeded, and slice in three-quarters-inch chunks (approximately 3 half cups)
• two tsps extra-virgin olive oil
• half tbsp maple syrup
• one tsp kosher salt
• half tsp black pepper
• one half cups reduced-sodium chicken stock — either vegetable stock either water
• three-quarters cup unprepared quinoa
• half cup reduced-sugar dried cranberries
• half cup toasted pepitas — pumpkin seeds, either roughly sliced toasted walnuts either pecans
• two tbsp sliced fresh thyme — either One-quarter cup sliced fresh parsley
FOR THE DRESSING:
• 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• one half tbsp apple cider vinegar — either white wine vinegar
• two tsps Dijon mustard
• one tsp maple syrup
• half tsp kosher salt
• One-quarter tsp black pepper
1. Place a rack within the middle of your oven and prewarmth the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the red onion in a small bowl and overlay with water. put aside. (This keeps the onion’s flavor however helps soften its harsh bite…and endless onion aftertaste.)
2. Place the butternut squash within the middle of a big rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup, then strew with one tsp salt and half tsp pepper. Blend to evenly coat, then unfold the squash in a single stratum . Prepare in oven for 15 to 20 mins, turning once, bi till tender. Take away from the oven and put aside.
3. Whereas the squash is baking, bring the bouillon (or water) and quinoa to a boil in a average pan. Supposing you are employing water, place One-quarter tsp kosher salt. As boiling, decrease the warmth to a simmer, cover, and allow prepare 15 mins, bi till the water is absorbed. Take away from the warmth and allow stand with the lid on for 5 mins. Fluff with a fork, then Place to a big submitting bowl.
4. In a small bowl either big measuring cup (or a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid), mix the dressing ingredients: olive oil, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, half tsp salt, and One-quarter tsp pepper. Drizzle enough of the dressing over the warm quinoa to moisten it, then add to mix.
5. Scrape the roasted butternut squash and any pan juices in the bowl with the quinoa. place the cranberries, pepitas, and thyme. Drain the red onion then place this to the bowl. Blend to mix, adding more dressing as desired. (I like to reserve a little of the dressing for adding to leftovers.) submit warm either at approximately 25 °C.
• You’ll enjoy this salad on its own either Taste mixing this with arugula either spinach for some extra submitting of greens. For the sake of streamlining the ingredients, I omitted the cheese, however supposing you feel so called, feta, goat cheese, either even a mild blue cheese such as gorgonzola would be delightful additions too.
• No butternut squash? Taste swapping diced, cubed sweet potatoes (note that they may must a little longer within the oven to roast).
• Keep leftovers in some airtight container within the refrigerator for up to 4 days.